The BMB Committee on the Doisy Fund met on December 9, 2021, to discuss the FY22 budget and other issues pertaining to the use of the funds. Several new initiatives were announced following the meeting.
Incentives for Primary and Secondary BMB Faculty:
- Matching of JIT grants from the ICTS.
- The stipend of Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. students in Biochemistry who have passed the qualifying exam will be supported in full by the BMB Doisy Fund.
- These students will be named “Doisy Scholars” and will also receive an unrestricted grant toward their research and education activities, paid from funds available to the Chair of BMB.
- Students on an extramural fellowship will receive the unrestricted grant and their lab will receive the equivalent of their “Doisy Scholar” stipend as unrestricted funds for research.
Incentives for Primary BMB Faculty:
- Matching of the SLU non-salary incentive.
- Salary bonus for any new grant with full indirect costs recovery (51.5%). The BMB faculty must be the PI on the new grant.
- Salary bonus for any publication in a journal with impact factor >10. The BMB faculty must be the corresponding Author on the publication.
The Committee will meet regularly to discuss future allocations of the BMB Doisy Fund, which will continue to support recruitment, students, instrumentation, and faculty incentives.